Root Canal Therapy
ROOT CANAL THERAPY POST PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS (Click HERE for a printable copy)
- While you are anesthetized and may not have feeling in the area, please avoid eating or drinking anything hot as you may not feel the heat and may burn yourself.
- When root canal therapy has been completed a crown may be recommended. If a temporary crown was placed today, you will need to return for your permanent crown.
- Please avoid pressure or chewing on the tooth or teeth that have been treated.
- You may experience some discomfort on the tooth that has been treated. This may last anywhere between 7-10 days. Swelling in the affected area may also occur. These are not unusual post-operative events.
- Please continue with any medications prescribed unless instructed otherwise by the doctor. Notify the office of any problems that may arise from medications being taken.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your treatment, please call our office.