Are you self-conscious about your smile because your teeth are not as white as they used to be? Don't worry, you're not alone! At Silvertooth and Whinery Family Dental, we understand how important it is for you to feel confident in your smile, especially during important events like weddings or graduations. That's why we offer professional teeth whitening services that are designed to help you achieve the bright, white smile you desire.
Our services are perfect for anyone who wants to improve the appearance of their smile. Whether you have stubborn stains that won't go away with regular brushing and flossing, or simply want a brighter, more confident smile, we can help. So don't let yellow or discolored teeth hold you back from feeling confident and showing off your smile.
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to the opposite sex, and 74% believe an unattractive smile can hurt a person's chances for career success. Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure that can help improve the appearance of a person's smile and boost their confidence.
What is Teeth Whitening?
It is a cosmetic dental procedure that aims to lighten the color of your teeth and remove stains or discoloration. Over time, teeth can become stained or discolored due to a variety of factors, such as smoking, drinking coffee, tea or red wine, poor oral hygiene, aging, or certain medications.
There are many over-the-counter products available for teeth whitening, such as whitening toothpaste or strips. However, these products may not always be effective and can even cause harm if not used properly. That's why it's best to consult with a dental professional who can provide safe and effective teeth whitening solutions.
At Silvertooth and Whinery Family Dental, we offer professional teeth whitening services that are tailored to your specific needs. Our dental experts use advanced technology and techniques to whiten your teeth safely and effectively. We offer both in-office and take-home whitening treatments that are designed to fit your lifestyle and preferences.
During an in-office teeth whitening treatment, our dental experts will apply a whitening gel to your teeth and activate it with a special light. This process takes approximately one hour and can produce dramatic results. Our take-home whitening kit includes custom-made trays that fit your teeth perfectly and a professional-grade whitening gel. You can whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home, on your own schedule.
What causes stained teeth?
Many factors can cause stained teeth, including:-
- Drinking coffee, tea, soda, or red wine
- Smoking tobacco
- Not practicing proper oral hygiene
- Taking certain medications (tetracycline antibiotics, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medications)
- Fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development)
- Normal wear of outer tooth layer
- Yellow, brown stained teeth
What if I choose a tray?
- Tray-based teeth whitening is a popular and effective method for achieving a brighter, whiter smile. This type of teeth whitening usually requires two visits to your dentist.
- At your first appointment, impressions (molds) will be made of your teeth to fabricate custom, clear plastic trays that fit snugly over your teeth. This ensures that the whitening solution is evenly distributed and doesn't leak onto your gums or other sensitive areas.
- During your second appointment, you will try on the trays to ensure a proper fit. Adjustments will be made if necessary to ensure the trays fit comfortably and securely over your teeth.
- The trays are worn with a special whitening solution either twice a day for 30 minutes or overnight for a couple of weeks, depending on the degree of staining and desired level of whitening. The whitening solution used is a peroxide-based gel that breaks down stains and discoloration on the surface of your teeth.
- While whitening your teeth, it is normal to experience tooth sensitivity. However, this typically subsides shortly after you have stopped bleaching. If you experience persistent sensitivity, you should consult with your dentist to determine the cause.
- After completing your teeth whitening treatment, you will receive care instructions for your teeth and trays. It's important to maintain good oral hygiene practices, including brushing and flossing regularly, to help maintain your newly whitened smile. You will also be encouraged to visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings to help keep your teeth healthy and white.
Benefits of teeth whitening
Tooth whitening is a simple and effective way to:-
- Improve your appearance: Teeth whitening can remove stains and discoloration, making your teeth look brighter and more vibrant. This can have a significant impact on your overall appearance and help you feel more confident in your smile.
- Boost your self-esteem and confidence: When you have a brighter, whiter smile, you may feel more self-assured in social and professional situations. This can translate to improved self-esteem and confidence, allowing you to feel more comfortable and at ease in a variety of situations.
- Give you a more youthful look: As we age, our teeth can become discolored and dull-looking. Teeth whitening can help reverse some of these effects, giving you a more youthful appearance that can help you look and feel your best.
Who is the right candidate for tooth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental treatment that can help improve the appearance of your smile. However, it is not suitable for everyone. The right candidate for tooth whitening will generally have healthy teeth and gums and no significant dental restorations or fillings.
If you have healthy teeth and gums and are looking to remove stains and discoloration, you may be a good candidate for tooth whitening. However, it is important to note that some types of discoloration may not respond well to whitening treatments. For example, discoloration caused by certain medications or trauma to the teeth may require alternative treatments such as veneers or crowns.
Additionally, if you have gum disease, tooth decay, or other dental issues, these conditions will need to be addressed before any cosmetic treatments can be performed. Your dentist will be able to evaluate your dental health and recommend the best course of treatment for your individual needs.
At Silvertooth and Whinery Family Dental, we offer a comprehensive range of dental services, including teeth whitening, to help our patients achieve their dental goals. If you are interested in teeth whitening or other cosmetic dental treatments, contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about your options.
Tooth whitening is ideal for:-
- People with healthy, un-restored teeth (no fillings, crowns, etc.)
- Patients with stains on their teeth from coffee, tea, red wine, smoking tobacco, or aging
- If you have yellow, brown stained teeth
Tooth whitening will not work on:-
- Porcelain veneers
Schedule an appointment with Silvertooth and Whinery Family Dental today!
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for more information!
Get In Touch
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or comments you may have. Please call our office or use the quick contact form below.